Sunday, May 25, 2008

Eurosong 2008 - Turkey

We’ve all been witnesses of the international charade called Eurosong through the years. Americans call it Eurotrash, and not by chance, but who are they to speak? Really?  No offense.
I have never been a fan and what is more I am strongly against low quality 1990 ‘German’ techno music and ‘love will survive’, ‘hold me tight’ and similar 2-word lyrics. I know that many people will agree with me on this and I also know that people live to watch Eurovision every year, something I’ll never understand.
Since it has survived for many years and is becoming more and more popular, I guess there is something more to it than just bad songs.
My guess is that it is the spirit, the diversity of 34-40 countries all in one evening and one place which is rarely seen anywhere else.
I did not start this to say how bad Eurovision is…but I got carried away.
My favorites are always the Turks, even though I rarely watch, and this year was no exception. I am adding Mor ve ötesi – Deli to my playlist. Are you?


Mor ve ötesi – Deli

1 comment:

Start Business in Delhi said...

I don't know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.